Even before I start I would like to tell you that after through research with Business owners/ HRs and Students we are publishing this
Dear friends here are few essential things you should consider while attending interviews
- Resume:- This is first most important thing
- Make Sure you take quality printed Resumes
- Make Sure your resume looks different than others , it should not be copy paste :P
- Carry it in Stick file/Folder, it creates instant impression to recruiter that you are very well organized
- Avoid Wrinkled/Folded/ Torn Resume it just reflects careless attitude which no company appreciates
- Dressing: This is second most important thing we should never forget
- Formal for Men, Chudidars and formals for women are preferred while attending interview, they reflect professionalism and seriousness.
- Make sure your dress is properly ironed
- Avoid jeans at any cost, unless you are attending auditions for acting don’t wear it
- Always remember right dressing sets tone for your interview
- Proper Pen:- This is the one which students would overlook
- It is fist thing which gets noticed.
- Carry one/two pen always it shows your preparedness
- Don’t carry cheap plastic pens it reflects you are not so bothered about quality besides there are always chances that it might leak, carry standard pens.
- Transparent, Black, Brown, Gold, Silver colors are preferable
- Always wear belt, you look smart with it and makes you look full
- Make Sure your belt color matches with shoes.
- Avoid fancy belts always, get nice quality, wrinkle free belts
- Avoid worn-out belts, it’s better to without belt than going with them.
- Shoes/Reflect professionalism don’t go to interview without them
- Avoid slippers at all cost
- Don’t wear fancy shoes/sandals it shows you are not serious
- Deodorant:-Everyone has order we are not alliance to not have Oder
- Body Oder creates uneasiness and to interviews
- Always carry perfume bottle
- Avoid strong perfumes this also creates uneasiness
- Put pleasant Deodorant
- Watch:- These get noticed instantly so be very careful
- This indicates you are timely and punctual
- It also reflects you seriousness
- Avoid fancy watches
- Mobiles:-I need not tell anything about this to you but here are few things you should take care
- Always carry mobiles but some companies doesn’t allow mobile please be very sure of this
- Don’t keep your mobile in front pocket, it creates unnecessary distraction
- Keep mobile in silent mode
- If interview goes positive and there is good level of understanding ask for interviewer, It creates positive impact
- Avoid using mobiles in interview premises this creates negative impression.
We will try to cover about each in detail in coming articles. Friends thanks for reading
Madhu Prashanth G,